Skip to main content

Week 13 - Part 1


I started putting in NFL sports jackets and found some websites and some physical stores that I studied:

Fanatics.com/ncaa/Colorado -
This is what came up with searched key words.  I then went to their website which is www.fanatics.com/ncaa/colorado
This was more of a website than a physical store.  As soon as it came up, there was a large DISCOUNT SIGN and many pictures of apparel.  Their prices are good, its a huge company, so our little store would have to compete with those that physically go in to look around and want it that day for say a gift or to give their money to the little guy.

I then found a store called Sportsfan in Denver Colorado.  This had no website nor facebook page.  Just on Bing showed addressed and hours so there is no advertising I could report on but it was a physical store and no web presence.

Next, during my search, says a company called Fanzz Sports Apparel.  I clicked on their facebook and website and it took my to a new company called Lids which just bought this company.  There was some bad reviews about customer service since they just got booked.  Their posts are very professional with videos of young menu wearing the apparal.  Nothing funny, just men showing them wearing the hats or shirts.

I kept using different words like physical store in Aurora Colorado for NFL jackets and the real yellow pages came up but nothing about our store.  So this may be a social media site I will look into to add our store.

I found AJ Leathers & Sports Wear Inc by typing keyword NFL Jackets store in Aurora Colorado through facebook and this site came up.  This showed posts of pictures but not a physical store.  It had 86 likes but no where how to buy the jackets.  Their advertising is terrible.

I put in keywords and NFL the official site came up which I clicked on this page.  They have a few physical stores in big cities but not by our store in Aurora.  As we know, the NFL has tons of money and spends a lot on advertising on their facebook page, Instagram, twitter, website, so this is something we wont be able to go against.  They have call to action, where you click and it goes to the website to order the jacket.

What is effective, is key words.  I need to figure out keywords that our site comes up and there are more social media sites I have not touched liked Yellow Pages.

This is so new to me and I am amazed what I learn every day.

Week 13 Part 2

I did some Facebook ads to see how analytics worked.  Here are the charts that I printed, when I choose to do posts for a a few days at a $1 a post.  I also, did the demographics of men from 18 to 64 that lived around Aurora Colorado.  Again, since I only did a $1 I knew it was a limited view but I wanted to see how this worked.  Here are the graphs and yes I think booster Sales option works much better than getting so many likes on my page.  Facebook has different advertising prices and tools, I found demographics and just a picture with a funny saying worked best for our Store to get people to know there is this type of store in the Aurora Mall.

I would post every other week or just close to a holiday, or to a major sporting event.  I also am going to work with the Mall website to do more social posts on that site to draw people into the store.

Above is the demographic page that I choose for the Booster Ad and this is how many people and what age it reached.



This is the performance chart that shows the amount spent, the days and how many people reached.


This tells the placement of the ad and targets, where the ad was placed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - Part two commenting on posts I commented on six posts which I really enjoyed.  We have some talented people in this class as I have learned so much.  The comments I made were for the following blogs: Elena Cohen. “Elena Cohen Photography” David Durham “David’s Backpack Panchos” Israel Gutierrez”Student Success” Michelle Jordan  “Filly Willy Auto Care” Tracey Walz “Realize Your Fit” Austin Poynter “Prizmatic”

Week 16 - Part 1 - Create a schedule on which platforms

Week 16 - Part 1 -Create a Schedule on which platforms I enjoyed creating and posting on facebook and Instagram.  I feel these two areas the most effective way to grow our store's audience.  I would post once a month any new jackets that we received and build a mailing list.  I feel that our audience would be best fit if they saw some of our merchandise if it flashed on Instagram and facebook. New Arrivals - once a month When a major sporting event happens such as World Series, Super Bowl -send out a post When a new Sport Season starts such as when baseball or football starts I would post on face book and Instagram I would also write a monthly blog about a subject that is related to a sporting event. I will grow our eclub so we can send out coupons and offers on birthdays. I feel that blogging, face book, Instagram and newsletters will work best with our jacket store.  We can do $100 a month on social media posts dividing among face book and some google with keywor
Weeky 10 - Blogging for Business - First Post Bogging for business is new to me. But after reading about blogging, I can see how this can help a service and business.  I went ahead and made a business blog, here is the link: https://leatherdirectcolorado.blogspot.com/2019/04/is-it-still-hip-to-wear-nfl- I added these blog icons to my pages to see how it would work.  I think if the blog goes out, it may engage potential buyers in buying jackets.  I can see how this would be good for professional services.  It is a good tool with a creative mind to make people aware of the service or business by reading a blog. Week 10 - Blogging for Business - Second Post I posted two facebook posts and scheduled them AND linked to Instagram with my blog tag. I liked all my classmates facebook pages, twitter and instagrams accounts.  I added comments to their posts. To stay organized on a blog, I would map out the month and blog same time each week.  I would plan ahead of times topics