Skip to main content

Week 13 - Part 1


I started putting in NFL sports jackets and found some websites and some physical stores that I studied:

Fanatics.com/ncaa/Colorado -
This is what came up with searched key words.  I then went to their website which is www.fanatics.com/ncaa/colorado
This was more of a website than a physical store.  As soon as it came up, there was a large DISCOUNT SIGN and many pictures of apparel.  Their prices are good, its a huge company, so our little store would have to compete with those that physically go in to look around and want it that day for say a gift or to give their money to the little guy.

I then found a store called Sportsfan in Denver Colorado.  This had no website nor facebook page.  Just on Bing showed addressed and hours so there is no advertising I could report on but it was a physical store and no web presence.

Next, during my search, says a company called Fanzz Sports Apparel.  I clicked on their facebook and website and it took my to a new company called Lids which just bought this company.  There was some bad reviews about customer service since they just got booked.  Their posts are very professional with videos of young menu wearing the apparal.  Nothing funny, just men showing them wearing the hats or shirts.

I kept using different words like physical store in Aurora Colorado for NFL jackets and the real yellow pages came up but nothing about our store.  So this may be a social media site I will look into to add our store.

I found AJ Leathers & Sports Wear Inc by typing keyword NFL Jackets store in Aurora Colorado through facebook and this site came up.  This showed posts of pictures but not a physical store.  It had 86 likes but no where how to buy the jackets.  Their advertising is terrible.

I put in keywords and NFL the official site came up which I clicked on this page.  They have a few physical stores in big cities but not by our store in Aurora.  As we know, the NFL has tons of money and spends a lot on advertising on their facebook page, Instagram, twitter, website, so this is something we wont be able to go against.  They have call to action, where you click and it goes to the website to order the jacket.

What is effective, is key words.  I need to figure out keywords that our site comes up and there are more social media sites I have not touched liked Yellow Pages.

This is so new to me and I am amazed what I learn every day.

Week 13 Part 2

I did some Facebook ads to see how analytics worked.  Here are the charts that I printed, when I choose to do posts for a a few days at a $1 a post.  I also, did the demographics of men from 18 to 64 that lived around Aurora Colorado.  Again, since I only did a $1 I knew it was a limited view but I wanted to see how this worked.  Here are the graphs and yes I think booster Sales option works much better than getting so many likes on my page.  Facebook has different advertising prices and tools, I found demographics and just a picture with a funny saying worked best for our Store to get people to know there is this type of store in the Aurora Mall.

I would post every other week or just close to a holiday, or to a major sporting event.  I also am going to work with the Mall website to do more social posts on that site to draw people into the store.

Above is the demographic page that I choose for the Booster Ad and this is how many people and what age it reached.



This is the performance chart that shows the amount spent, the days and how many people reached.


This tells the placement of the ad and targets, where the ad was placed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 - Part 2 -Target Market Analysis for comparing if older adults and families can come together to frequent Coco's Restaurants or if there is too much difference. The target audience right now is 55 years and older, male, single, retired, educated, Caucasian.  Coco's has 38 locations in California and Arizona so many of the restaurants have different guests to focus on.  Some locations are in tourists areas like Anaheim and Brea so they focus on the traveler.  Some Coco's are in destination spots like in Monterey so they focus on the weekend couple.  Some Coco's are in neighborhoods so they focus on the elderly guest who frequents daily and it's his or her second home. Need to study industry and how guests see the Coco's name
Week 6 - Part II Define the difference between post reach and post engagement.  Post Reach is the number of people who saw my post and post engagement is when people click on lines on facebook Why is knowing the difference important?  To help measure effectiveness for social media campaigns.  Engagement is when the social media content is actually intriguing the customer so they click on a link (coupon) or something to learn more about the product or service.  Post Reach is just posting something the customer sees flash but cant be measured. After defining the terms, describe how a business can use Facebook Insights to better serve their customers.  Insight measures with graphs pages, posts and people - snapshots to show growth. DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE CONTENT FROM THE INTERNET - I will be looking for thoughtful responses and personal opinions here. Because insights are not available before you have 30 likes, many of you with brand new pages won't ...
Week 3 - Part 1 - Write: Blog Post Week 3 Part 1: Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business?   I have written some businesses directly through email and 50% answer and 50% don't.  I have yelped a few times about businesses and I have never received a response.  A few times, I bought some products online and emailed and then a week later got a response, but it was a response like from a computer, like generic and didn't address the problem.  I don't call anymore to businesses as no one answers. Does social media make it easier to get noticed or get your problem solved?   Social Media, does resolve some issues faster like a bad restaurant or product.  Again, I have not had good success with a business getting back to me when I used a social media site.  Usually, I do the chat room thing, than call or use social media to address a problem. Have you ever had a positive experience communicating with a business through ...