Skip to main content

Week 17 - Final Week - Summary - Susan Sullivan

How has your social media changed over the semester?

We had zero social media before I started this class.  Now we have a presence in all social media avenues.  Before, we didn't pay for any marketing, now all the marketing budget we have, I requested to be used for boost posts.

Has there been an impact on your business?

Yes, lot more awareness for the brand.  By seeing these posts (And I posted on the website of the mall the store currently is at and gave new pictures) we are seeing more people coming into the store and calling to ask about merchandise.

Growth of customers and increased interaction is a key component?

I paid for some boosts so I could study the analytics.  I studied Google and Face book and saw how many clicked, directions, checked pictures, when viewed and clicked.  This part was very interesting to me and I learned a lot.  I also made a group where I sent these posts and I think that is very important not to waste advertising dollars to narrow down the group you are posting.

Has your view point of social media changed?

My view has changed as I was not aware that all businesses need a social media presence.  All businesses need a face book page at a bare minimum.  I am working on building a website but at least I have now a face book, twitter, Instagram, yelp, google, newsletter, blog for the business.  I also updated hour and address and posted pictures and I built how many likes and posts.  Great start in social media.  Before the class, I didn't think this brick and mortar store needed social media but this class has taught me every business needs social media and to keep informed of media changes in social media.


Do you have a better understanding of how to use and successfully to develop a business?

I learned so much in this class.  I had no idea how important or how to use social media posts.  I am confident now to post, to schedule, to pay for a boost ad.  For businesses to be successful, businesses need to post and boost in some sort of social media networking to get the brand's name out there.  I do believe this and I can build a social media strategy around it.


Did you find social media for business services and products that you want to use yourself?


I will be posting on Link in for personal use for my current job.  I noticed from a gal who was a brand ambassador and she spoke how she loves her job.  I will post a picture and my resume and accomplishments and post what I love to do and what I am looking forward to so I can grow in my current job or get my name out there for possible promotion or a new direction,  But that is some social media and networking I need to explore more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - Part two commenting on posts I commented on six posts which I really enjoyed.  We have some talented people in this class as I have learned so much.  The comments I made were for the following blogs: Elena Cohen. “Elena Cohen Photography” David Durham “David’s Backpack Panchos” Israel Gutierrez”Student Success” Michelle Jordan  “Filly Willy Auto Care” Tracey Walz “Realize Your Fit” Austin Poynter “Prizmatic”

Week 2 - Part 1

Week 2 - Part 1: Facebook to me is more personal nature than business.. As you can share your daily thoughts as well as comment on your friends postings.  I enjoy looking at postings of pictures.  I don't use Facebook pages when I am inquiring information on a business as I find their sites annoying.  I do look up concerts by music acts using their Facebook pages.  I have been helping my dad navigate his Facebook page and helping him get in touch with his friends.   My granddaughter uses snapchat to be able to make funny faces on pictures. Yelp. Trip Advisor & Twitter.  Yelp because it's designed to get limited business information such as hours, menu, and some reviews.  The posting site is for guests to post their reviews on their visit to these businesses.  With Twitter, my friends still don't use as it seems its used more by businesses and Sport Figures and Celebrities than regular folks. Google are good ones to leave reviews as well.  Trip Advisor I find helpfu
Weeky 10 - Blogging for Business - First Post Bogging for business is new to me. But after reading about blogging, I can see how this can help a service and business.  I went ahead and made a business blog, here is the link: https://leatherdirectcolorado.blogspot.com/2019/04/is-it-still-hip-to-wear-nfl- I added these blog icons to my pages to see how it would work.  I think if the blog goes out, it may engage potential buyers in buying jackets.  I can see how this would be good for professional services.  It is a good tool with a creative mind to make people aware of the service or business by reading a blog. Week 10 - Blogging for Business - Second Post I posted two facebook posts and scheduled them AND linked to Instagram with my blog tag. I liked all my classmates facebook pages, twitter and instagrams accounts.  I added comments to their posts. To stay organized on a blog, I would map out the month and blog same time each week.  I would plan ahead of times topics