Skip to main content


Week 8 - Part 1
Facebook is the social media my business would use and then Instagram.  I made both for the business.  I tied Instagram into Facebook.  I still have issues commenting on Facebook and Instagram with my business account as it goes back to my personal one.  I would recommend not tying in business and personal as sometimes I am commenting but I am on my personal and not business one so it gets confusing.  I created facebook and Instagram accounts

Pinterst would not work for my business, Leather Direct.  As we sell jackets and I cant see how this would be a good avenue unless we took the jackets and laid them out and made something out of it.

YouTube - I don't think will work for my business unless I did a fashion show and video'd it or went to a sports game and showed people wearing our jackets at sporting events which may be a good special post.

Snapchat - I studied this and I don't think our customers are geared toward snap chat.  This seems like a different customer base that would not check our postings on snapchat.

So Facebook and instgram and I posted our addresses to get to these pages for Leather Direct and I scheduled postings for both facebook and Instagram.

Week 8 - Part 2

First business, fanatics.com - this is a business that sells sports cloths, jackets, shirts, etc.  Their website is very detailed and you can purchase on line.  The business is on facebook, twitter, pin interest and you tube.  I noticed on pin interest they lay out jackets and show people wearing them.  On Twitter they send posts of current players and events to get those interested.  They have 1,296 follwers abd are following 49.8 people.  I like their twitter account, which is more pictures and a few words so its been doing what I have been doing and posting posts like March Madness and upcoming Spring Baseball.  (After visiting their page, and not siging up for anything, I got a coupon for 30 percent off emailed to me)

Second business, Fanzz Sports Apparel - Colorado Mills.  I checked this website and noticed they were on Instagram, facebook, twitter, pin interest, you tube and Blog.  I checked out their blog and it was more pictures and not a blog on stories so I found this just a way to post pictures.  I checked their instgram and they have 3,411 posts, 293 followers, 4,322 following.  Their pictures were more professional and they had a sweepstakes which I liked.  They seem to just post pictures and not writing anything on the posts so its just a picture so I don't find this helpful.  I don't find any of the social network besides their website interesting.


Third business, Sports Fans in Colorado.  I checked out their facebook page and I got a lot of ideas.  It did not list how many follers on this page.  I noticed they advertise signings by major starts to share with their followers.  I loved this as then I could say, get your this player's jersey and go to the signing and then they would follow for more news like this. They also had a side bar of players on the Broncos, you could like which I thought was great, so we can could do that that we carry their jersey and maybe like your favorite player and get 10% off something like that!  They also had good facebook reviews on top from customers which I thought was cool.


Fourth business is Town Center at Aurora.  I did a different website as this website I the mall operation that the business is housed.  I noticed it does have Instagram, facebook and twitter. It has 1,113 posts, 556 followers and 299 following.  The website is very bland but so is this mall so it shows. There are no videos or pictures.  Just wording.  The special events are just typed no pictures. The instrgram photos and words are terrible so I would not follow this and I can see why there are no followers.  Very poor grade for a mall website.  No coupons, etc.

Fifth business is Crave the Auto.  I decided to look at this website and wanted to link to it since it shows when autographing will happen.  Then if I can link it and there is a signing, we can show when the signing is and try to get customers to purchase apparel.  There are 21.5 K twitter following and 16.3 Instagram so this is a great site if I can see signings to like and link.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 - Part 2 -Target Market Analysis for comparing if older adults and families can come together to frequent Coco's Restaurants or if there is too much difference. The target audience right now is 55 years and older, male, single, retired, educated, Caucasian.  Coco's has 38 locations in California and Arizona so many of the restaurants have different guests to focus on.  Some locations are in tourists areas like Anaheim and Brea so they focus on the traveler.  Some Coco's are in destination spots like in Monterey so they focus on the weekend couple.  Some Coco's are in neighborhoods so they focus on the elderly guest who frequents daily and it's his or her second home. Need to study industry and how guests see the Coco's name
Week 6 - Part II Define the difference between post reach and post engagement.  Post Reach is the number of people who saw my post and post engagement is when people click on lines on facebook Why is knowing the difference important?  To help measure effectiveness for social media campaigns.  Engagement is when the social media content is actually intriguing the customer so they click on a link (coupon) or something to learn more about the product or service.  Post Reach is just posting something the customer sees flash but cant be measured. After defining the terms, describe how a business can use Facebook Insights to better serve their customers.  Insight measures with graphs pages, posts and people - snapshots to show growth. DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE CONTENT FROM THE INTERNET - I will be looking for thoughtful responses and personal opinions here. Because insights are not available before you have 30 likes, many of you with brand new pages won't ...
Week 3 - Part 1 - Write: Blog Post Week 3 Part 1: Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business?   I have written some businesses directly through email and 50% answer and 50% don't.  I have yelped a few times about businesses and I have never received a response.  A few times, I bought some products online and emailed and then a week later got a response, but it was a response like from a computer, like generic and didn't address the problem.  I don't call anymore to businesses as no one answers. Does social media make it easier to get noticed or get your problem solved?   Social Media, does resolve some issues faster like a bad restaurant or product.  Again, I have not had good success with a business getting back to me when I used a social media site.  Usually, I do the chat room thing, than call or use social media to address a problem. Have you ever had a positive experience communicating with a business through ...