Skip to main content


Week 8 - Part 1
Facebook is the social media my business would use and then Instagram.  I made both for the business.  I tied Instagram into Facebook.  I still have issues commenting on Facebook and Instagram with my business account as it goes back to my personal one.  I would recommend not tying in business and personal as sometimes I am commenting but I am on my personal and not business one so it gets confusing.  I created facebook and Instagram accounts

Pinterst would not work for my business, Leather Direct.  As we sell jackets and I cant see how this would be a good avenue unless we took the jackets and laid them out and made something out of it.

YouTube - I don't think will work for my business unless I did a fashion show and video'd it or went to a sports game and showed people wearing our jackets at sporting events which may be a good special post.

Snapchat - I studied this and I don't think our customers are geared toward snap chat.  This seems like a different customer base that would not check our postings on snapchat.

So Facebook and instgram and I posted our addresses to get to these pages for Leather Direct and I scheduled postings for both facebook and Instagram.

Week 8 - Part 2

First business, fanatics.com - this is a business that sells sports cloths, jackets, shirts, etc.  Their website is very detailed and you can purchase on line.  The business is on facebook, twitter, pin interest and you tube.  I noticed on pin interest they lay out jackets and show people wearing them.  On Twitter they send posts of current players and events to get those interested.  They have 1,296 follwers abd are following 49.8 people.  I like their twitter account, which is more pictures and a few words so its been doing what I have been doing and posting posts like March Madness and upcoming Spring Baseball.  (After visiting their page, and not siging up for anything, I got a coupon for 30 percent off emailed to me)

Second business, Fanzz Sports Apparel - Colorado Mills.  I checked this website and noticed they were on Instagram, facebook, twitter, pin interest, you tube and Blog.  I checked out their blog and it was more pictures and not a blog on stories so I found this just a way to post pictures.  I checked their instgram and they have 3,411 posts, 293 followers, 4,322 following.  Their pictures were more professional and they had a sweepstakes which I liked.  They seem to just post pictures and not writing anything on the posts so its just a picture so I don't find this helpful.  I don't find any of the social network besides their website interesting.


Third business, Sports Fans in Colorado.  I checked out their facebook page and I got a lot of ideas.  It did not list how many follers on this page.  I noticed they advertise signings by major starts to share with their followers.  I loved this as then I could say, get your this player's jersey and go to the signing and then they would follow for more news like this. They also had a side bar of players on the Broncos, you could like which I thought was great, so we can could do that that we carry their jersey and maybe like your favorite player and get 10% off something like that!  They also had good facebook reviews on top from customers which I thought was cool.


Fourth business is Town Center at Aurora.  I did a different website as this website I the mall operation that the business is housed.  I noticed it does have Instagram, facebook and twitter. It has 1,113 posts, 556 followers and 299 following.  The website is very bland but so is this mall so it shows. There are no videos or pictures.  Just wording.  The special events are just typed no pictures. The instrgram photos and words are terrible so I would not follow this and I can see why there are no followers.  Very poor grade for a mall website.  No coupons, etc.

Fifth business is Crave the Auto.  I decided to look at this website and wanted to link to it since it shows when autographing will happen.  Then if I can link it and there is a signing, we can show when the signing is and try to get customers to purchase apparel.  There are 21.5 K twitter following and 16.3 Instagram so this is a great site if I can see signings to like and link.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - Part two commenting on posts I commented on six posts which I really enjoyed.  We have some talented people in this class as I have learned so much.  The comments I made were for the following blogs: Elena Cohen. “Elena Cohen Photography” David Durham “David’s Backpack Panchos” Israel Gutierrez”Student Success” Michelle Jordan  “Filly Willy Auto Care” Tracey Walz “Realize Your Fit” Austin Poynter “Prizmatic”

Week 16 - Part 1 - Create a schedule on which platforms

Week 16 - Part 1 -Create a Schedule on which platforms I enjoyed creating and posting on facebook and Instagram.  I feel these two areas the most effective way to grow our store's audience.  I would post once a month any new jackets that we received and build a mailing list.  I feel that our audience would be best fit if they saw some of our merchandise if it flashed on Instagram and facebook. New Arrivals - once a month When a major sporting event happens such as World Series, Super Bowl -send out a post When a new Sport Season starts such as when baseball or football starts I would post on face book and Instagram I would also write a monthly blog about a subject that is related to a sporting event. I will grow our eclub so we can send out coupons and offers on birthdays. I feel that blogging, face book, Instagram and newsletters will work best with our jacket store.  We can do $100 a month on social media posts dividing among face book and some google with keywor
Weeky 10 - Blogging for Business - First Post Bogging for business is new to me. But after reading about blogging, I can see how this can help a service and business.  I went ahead and made a business blog, here is the link: https://leatherdirectcolorado.blogspot.com/2019/04/is-it-still-hip-to-wear-nfl- I added these blog icons to my pages to see how it would work.  I think if the blog goes out, it may engage potential buyers in buying jackets.  I can see how this would be good for professional services.  It is a good tool with a creative mind to make people aware of the service or business by reading a blog. Week 10 - Blogging for Business - Second Post I posted two facebook posts and scheduled them AND linked to Instagram with my blog tag. I liked all my classmates facebook pages, twitter and instagrams accounts.  I added comments to their posts. To stay organized on a blog, I would map out the month and blog same time each week.  I would plan ahead of times topics