Skip to main content
Week 12 - Part One- Using Yelp, Google My Business,  Bing

I went ahead and created a Google My Business location site so now potential customers can write reviews, and I can answer them as well as get directions and hours of our location.  This is the site location for google my business:

https://business.google.com/dashboard/l/14775070158524850291?hl=en

I also went ahead and made a location for Yelp for Leather Direct Colorado and here is the link.  This way I can also answer reviews and customers can see hours of operation and location and what we do.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/leather-direct-aurora-2

I also made an account for Bing, I just need to verify it when someone gets to the store tomorrow.  The store is in Colorado so I have to wait to call and get someone to do the code for me.

Bing is great, as it shows at the top of search engines so this will be usefull tool as another social media site.



Week 12 - Part Two - Discussion

So I made a Yelp review and noticed there were reviews so I replied to those customers that wrote a review.  I also added pictures.  Yelp partners with other social media sites so this will allow those sites to be assessable since now we are part of Yelp.

Yelp is more for restaurants, hotels and services such as plumbing.  But I can see it grow more for retail stores so I am interested in seeing how many hits we get of people viewing our retail store on Yelp.

I updated Google Map and Google Business and this will help give guests directions but also some other social media sites use google map and google business so now will be assessable to those sites as well.

Another social site is the Aurora mall since the retail store Leather Direct Colorado is in the Aurora Mall in Colorado.  I send a new logo and pictures to the mall to post on their website so I am waiting for that.  I really don't like their website but any new pictures and a promo we are running should do well on their social media site.

The other social media sites mentioned in the assignment would not work for this retail site.  I don't think either videos will work too well for the retail site but I may try one.

I don't think Linkin or Tumbler will work either to grown our business but I am interested in it all!

I will keep looking to see what I can do to add more social sites.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 - Part II Define the difference between post reach and post engagement.  Post Reach is the number of people who saw my post and post engagement is when people click on lines on facebook Why is knowing the difference important?  To help measure effectiveness for social media campaigns.  Engagement is when the social media content is actually intriguing the customer so they click on a link (coupon) or something to learn more about the product or service.  Post Reach is just posting something the customer sees flash but cant be measured. After defining the terms, describe how a business can use Facebook Insights to better serve their customers.  Insight measures with graphs pages, posts and people - snapshots to show growth. DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE CONTENT FROM THE INTERNET - I will be looking for thoughtful responses and personal opinions here. Because insights are not available before you have 30 likes, many of you with brand new pages won't ...
Week 5 - Part 2 -Target Market Analysis for comparing if older adults and families can come together to frequent Coco's Restaurants or if there is too much difference. The target audience right now is 55 years and older, male, single, retired, educated, Caucasian.  Coco's has 38 locations in California and Arizona so many of the restaurants have different guests to focus on.  Some locations are in tourists areas like Anaheim and Brea so they focus on the traveler.  Some Coco's are in destination spots like in Monterey so they focus on the weekend couple.  Some Coco's are in neighborhoods so they focus on the elderly guest who frequents daily and it's his or her second home. Need to study industry and how guests see the Coco's name
Week 3 - Part 1 - Write: Blog Post Week 3 Part 1: Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business?   I have written some businesses directly through email and 50% answer and 50% don't.  I have yelped a few times about businesses and I have never received a response.  A few times, I bought some products online and emailed and then a week later got a response, but it was a response like from a computer, like generic and didn't address the problem.  I don't call anymore to businesses as no one answers. Does social media make it easier to get noticed or get your problem solved?   Social Media, does resolve some issues faster like a bad restaurant or product.  Again, I have not had good success with a business getting back to me when I used a social media site.  Usually, I do the chat room thing, than call or use social media to address a problem. Have you ever had a positive experience communicating with a business through ...