Skip to main content
Week 12 - Part One- Using Yelp, Google My Business,  Bing

I went ahead and created a Google My Business location site so now potential customers can write reviews, and I can answer them as well as get directions and hours of our location.  This is the site location for google my business:

https://business.google.com/dashboard/l/14775070158524850291?hl=en

I also went ahead and made a location for Yelp for Leather Direct Colorado and here is the link.  This way I can also answer reviews and customers can see hours of operation and location and what we do.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/leather-direct-aurora-2

I also made an account for Bing, I just need to verify it when someone gets to the store tomorrow.  The store is in Colorado so I have to wait to call and get someone to do the code for me.

Bing is great, as it shows at the top of search engines so this will be usefull tool as another social media site.



Week 12 - Part Two - Discussion

So I made a Yelp review and noticed there were reviews so I replied to those customers that wrote a review.  I also added pictures.  Yelp partners with other social media sites so this will allow those sites to be assessable since now we are part of Yelp.

Yelp is more for restaurants, hotels and services such as plumbing.  But I can see it grow more for retail stores so I am interested in seeing how many hits we get of people viewing our retail store on Yelp.

I updated Google Map and Google Business and this will help give guests directions but also some other social media sites use google map and google business so now will be assessable to those sites as well.

Another social site is the Aurora mall since the retail store Leather Direct Colorado is in the Aurora Mall in Colorado.  I send a new logo and pictures to the mall to post on their website so I am waiting for that.  I really don't like their website but any new pictures and a promo we are running should do well on their social media site.

The other social media sites mentioned in the assignment would not work for this retail site.  I don't think either videos will work too well for the retail site but I may try one.

I don't think Linkin or Tumbler will work either to grown our business but I am interested in it all!

I will keep looking to see what I can do to add more social sites.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 - Part two commenting on posts I commented on six posts which I really enjoyed.  We have some talented people in this class as I have learned so much.  The comments I made were for the following blogs: Elena Cohen. “Elena Cohen Photography” David Durham “David’s Backpack Panchos” Israel Gutierrez”Student Success” Michelle Jordan  “Filly Willy Auto Care” Tracey Walz “Realize Your Fit” Austin Poynter “Prizmatic”
Week 3 - Part 2 - Coco's Restaurants https://cocosbakery.com https://www.facebook.com/Coco's Bakery Restaurant There are no links on their website so I then went to their facebook page.  I noticed that the company were responding to comments made on facebook.  Usually replies were every 3 days and not on weekends or at night.  This company needs to post their social media sites on their website to help guests leave comments.  They could use social media better as I see their local promotions on facebook but its something that is on their website so you can see it there. Dennys Restaurants https://Dennys.com I went to their site and I noticed they have every social media site you can think of to click on to comment on visits and see promotions.  So I clicked on: http://www.facebook.com/Dennys This site is great, they have fun sayings about their food.  People are commenting and there is somebody answering the comments.  They have a rating that says 4.8 out of 5 in res
Weeky 10 - Blogging for Business - First Post Bogging for business is new to me. But after reading about blogging, I can see how this can help a service and business.  I went ahead and made a business blog, here is the link: https://leatherdirectcolorado.blogspot.com/2019/04/is-it-still-hip-to-wear-nfl- I added these blog icons to my pages to see how it would work.  I think if the blog goes out, it may engage potential buyers in buying jackets.  I can see how this would be good for professional services.  It is a good tool with a creative mind to make people aware of the service or business by reading a blog. Week 10 - Blogging for Business - Second Post I posted two facebook posts and scheduled them AND linked to Instagram with my blog tag. I liked all my classmates facebook pages, twitter and instagrams accounts.  I added comments to their posts. To stay organized on a blog, I would map out the month and blog same time each week.  I would plan ahead of times topics