Skip to main content
Blog Week 4, Part Two - Tw0  websites to write about

First website
http://Starbucks.com

This is my favorite website. as well as I love the product.  The reason their website is successful is their logo is the opening of their website and its the icon when I saved it to my mobile so Starbucks is always connected to me.  They have everything on this website.  You can order your menu item on line and not wait, they have contests on line, you can order gift cards, you can leave reviews, you can play games, you can find locations and music.

I love their design.  the font is large and there is not so much color to take away anything.  The logo appears every where.  The colors are their restaurants colors.  Very easy menu to follow and you never get stuck in one site.

I go to this website every day.  First to order a treat/drink every day.  Second, to see if they have any discounts for the day or new products.  Every day, they emai to my inbox at Starbucks.  So, it doesn't bog down my email address with promos, if I want to see the latest then I go to my inbox at Starbucks and read about the new offers.  It's very easy to connect and the platform is easy to follow.

Everything can always be approved.  Sometimes when ordering, it does not show me the closest Starbucks so I end up ordering from one a few miles away even thou I am right in front of the Starbucks.  Also, the contests, you have to go to a different website, so you sign in there as well.

Second website
http://Cocosbakery.com

This is the website from my work so I choose this one since I am frequently on this website.  This website is effective if like looking at web sliders and seeing the current promotions or ordering food online.  The logo is big and bold and the pictures of the food are vibrant.

The web sliders are big and bold and has good timing to move different ones so a guests sees the current promos being offered.  There are large icons like order food, order gift cards, leave feedback, menu that is easy to follow.

I come again because its my work.  Others would come to see the current promotions and to order food or gift cards or leave feedback.  But guests would not come daily to see the website unless its just to give a take out order on line.  There is a desk top and mobile site for ordering.

Lots of improvement is needed.  The location map is not that good, and you put in zip codes of locations and it does not find them.  The food online, is not that pretty and not all pictures are there of the food.  The feedback icon is very small so sometimes guests miss it and not know where to leave comments.  There is no contest on line nor music or animation to get you excited about this website.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 - Part II Define the difference between post reach and post engagement.  Post Reach is the number of people who saw my post and post engagement is when people click on lines on facebook Why is knowing the difference important?  To help measure effectiveness for social media campaigns.  Engagement is when the social media content is actually intriguing the customer so they click on a link (coupon) or something to learn more about the product or service.  Post Reach is just posting something the customer sees flash but cant be measured. After defining the terms, describe how a business can use Facebook Insights to better serve their customers.  Insight measures with graphs pages, posts and people - snapshots to show growth. DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE CONTENT FROM THE INTERNET - I will be looking for thoughtful responses and personal opinions here. Because insights are not available before you have 30 likes, many of you with brand new pages won't ...
Week 5 - Part 2 -Target Market Analysis for comparing if older adults and families can come together to frequent Coco's Restaurants or if there is too much difference. The target audience right now is 55 years and older, male, single, retired, educated, Caucasian.  Coco's has 38 locations in California and Arizona so many of the restaurants have different guests to focus on.  Some locations are in tourists areas like Anaheim and Brea so they focus on the traveler.  Some Coco's are in destination spots like in Monterey so they focus on the weekend couple.  Some Coco's are in neighborhoods so they focus on the elderly guest who frequents daily and it's his or her second home. Need to study industry and how guests see the Coco's name
Week 3 - Part 1 - Write: Blog Post Week 3 Part 1: Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business?   I have written some businesses directly through email and 50% answer and 50% don't.  I have yelped a few times about businesses and I have never received a response.  A few times, I bought some products online and emailed and then a week later got a response, but it was a response like from a computer, like generic and didn't address the problem.  I don't call anymore to businesses as no one answers. Does social media make it easier to get noticed or get your problem solved?   Social Media, does resolve some issues faster like a bad restaurant or product.  Again, I have not had good success with a business getting back to me when I used a social media site.  Usually, I do the chat room thing, than call or use social media to address a problem. Have you ever had a positive experience communicating with a business through ...