Skip to main content
Week 3 - Part 2 -

Coco's Restaurants
https://cocosbakery.com
https://www.facebook.com/Coco's Bakery Restaurant
There are no links on their website so I then went to their facebook page.  I noticed that the company were responding to comments made on facebook.  Usually replies were every 3 days and not on weekends or at night.  This company needs to post their social media sites on their website to help guests leave comments.  They could use social media better as I see their local promotions on facebook but its something that is on their website so you can see it there.

Dennys Restaurants
https://Dennys.com
I went to their site and I noticed they have every social media site you can think of to click on to comment on visits and see promotions.  So I clicked on:
http://www.facebook.com/Dennys
This site is great, they have fun sayings about their food.  People are commenting and there is somebody answering the comments.  They have a rating that says 4.8 out of 5 in responses.  So it looks like they have this staffed at most times and someone is there to comment on guest comments.  Looks like they post pictures every day and list promotions but different than their website.  They do a great job on social media sites.

IHOP
https://IHOP
I went to this site and noticed they have al ot of social media sites to click on to comment so I clicked on:
http://www.facebook.com/IHOP
This site is not kept updated.  I didn't see any written replies on any guest complaint omments.  I did see some one who click like on compliments.  Many disgruntled guests and not replies back.  Looks like no one is manning this site.  Current promotions are displayed, the same as on the facebook page.

Norms
https://Norms
I went to this site and noticed they have a lot of icons to choose from for social media, so I choose
https//www.facebook/Normsrestaurants

I reviewed this site and it looks like they have someone monitoring this website at all times.  Looks like a response is given the next day to a good or bad complaint.  There are fun contests on line that is not on their home webpage.  I liked reading the comments and the replies which look to be different on each response.  Very good social media on this website.  They really are up to date on their social media and its different.

https://Blackbeardiner.com
I went to this site and noticed all the icons on this website which I clicked on and went to
http://www.facebook.com/BlackbeearDiner
This is a poor facebook site as it does not look like any one answers any of the guests leaving comments. Some of the comments are just asking for hours, certain information and nothing is answered.  The promotions are loaded on the site but its the same information on the website.  So this site could use a person designed to update it or steer guests another way to leave comments.

After investigating all these social media sites, I learned some are better than others.  I think facebook and the business website should be different.  I think those posting on facebook should be answered within a day or given an email or phone number to contact if they want a response back than no answers.  Some of these do a great job and some do a terrible job.  Looks like some sites really care about customer feedback and some sites really don't care and it shows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 - Part 2 -Target Market Analysis for comparing if older adults and families can come together to frequent Coco's Restaurants or if there is too much difference. The target audience right now is 55 years and older, male, single, retired, educated, Caucasian.  Coco's has 38 locations in California and Arizona so many of the restaurants have different guests to focus on.  Some locations are in tourists areas like Anaheim and Brea so they focus on the traveler.  Some Coco's are in destination spots like in Monterey so they focus on the weekend couple.  Some Coco's are in neighborhoods so they focus on the elderly guest who frequents daily and it's his or her second home. Need to study industry and how guests see the Coco's name
Week 6 - Part II Define the difference between post reach and post engagement.  Post Reach is the number of people who saw my post and post engagement is when people click on lines on facebook Why is knowing the difference important?  To help measure effectiveness for social media campaigns.  Engagement is when the social media content is actually intriguing the customer so they click on a link (coupon) or something to learn more about the product or service.  Post Reach is just posting something the customer sees flash but cant be measured. After defining the terms, describe how a business can use Facebook Insights to better serve their customers.  Insight measures with graphs pages, posts and people - snapshots to show growth. DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE CONTENT FROM THE INTERNET - I will be looking for thoughtful responses and personal opinions here. Because insights are not available before you have 30 likes, many of you with brand new pages won't ...
Week 3 - Part 1 - Write: Blog Post Week 3 Part 1: Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business?   I have written some businesses directly through email and 50% answer and 50% don't.  I have yelped a few times about businesses and I have never received a response.  A few times, I bought some products online and emailed and then a week later got a response, but it was a response like from a computer, like generic and didn't address the problem.  I don't call anymore to businesses as no one answers. Does social media make it easier to get noticed or get your problem solved?   Social Media, does resolve some issues faster like a bad restaurant or product.  Again, I have not had good success with a business getting back to me when I used a social media site.  Usually, I do the chat room thing, than call or use social media to address a problem. Have you ever had a positive experience communicating with a business through ...